For more than 30 years, THYMUSKIN®has been successfully used to fight against thinning hair problems and was used to not only nourish, reinforce, and strengthen the hair, but also provide essential nutrients for general hair care, all leading to noticeably thicker hair.
The unique active ingredients of THYMUSKIN® are made from bovine free Thymic peptides. The effects have been strongly confirmed by several controlled observational studies carried out by German and International skin clinics and university hospitals. THYMUSKIN® has an immunological effect on hair follicles, as it is typical for a thymic preparation. THYMUSKIN® contains the patented GKL-02 active complex which mimics natural thymus extract essential for hair care. Due to continuing trends in the hair loss industry, those affected are increasingly looking for effective alternatives to ingredients with potential harmful side effects.
THYMUSKIN® is actively engaged in scientific research with positive results found by dermatological clinics and university hospitals. The good tolerability and cosmetic acceptance have been repeatedly approved within controlled scientific observational studies and through investigations carried out by German and international skin clinics and university hospitals.
- Supports the improvement of scalp coverage, for thicker, fuller looking hair*
- Providing noticeable thicker, fuller looking hair*
- Improving the supply of nutrients to the cells of the hair root (follicles)*
- Powerful stimulation of scalp condition and noticeable results*
A positive long-term effect was still observable three months after treatment. This can be ascribed to the stimulating effect of the active thymus peptide complex GKL-02 on the keratinocytes. (1)
Cooperation partners in testing Thymuskin cosmetics
- Academic Teaching Hospital of the Universities of Frankfurt and Heidelberg
- City Hospital of Vienna-Lainz, Austria
- Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- University of Münster
- Medical Academy Hannover
- Medical Hospital of the Technical University Munich
- German Cancer Research Centre Heidelberg
- Dermatology Unit, University of Milan, Italy
- Women Dermatologists of Italy (DDI)
THYMUSKIN®contain 3 lines – Thymuskin®CLASSIC, Thymuskin®MED, and Thymuskin®FORTE. Each product contains a Shampoo and a Serum gel, all suited to match individual hair and scalp conditions. THYMUSKIN®is suitable for both men and women and has no reported side effects.
A multicentric study (2) was undertaken investigating the effectiveness and tolerability of Thymuskin (serum and shampoo) in the initial phase of androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and chronic telogen effluvium (chronic TE) over a period of six months. The study included 364 test subjects split as follows:
- 70 men (average age 30.7) with AGA
- 57 men (average age 35.9) with chronic TE
- 53 women (average age 42.1) with AGA
- 184 women (average age 36.9) with chronic TE
The patients used the serum once a day and the shampoo three times a week over a total period of 24 weeks. All test subjects underwent a pull test and a symptom evaluation (seborrhoea, erythema and itching) performed by the investigator. Tolerability and cosmetic acceptance/tolerance were also assessed. After six months of treatment, patients with AGA and patients with chronic TE both demonstrated a significant decrease in hair loss, a stimulation of hair growth and a reduction in the symptoms of seborrhoea, erythema and itching. Tolerability and cosmetic acceptance were good tovery good in the majority of patients.
SUMMARY: THYMUSKIN® effectiveness in patients with androgenetic alopecia (2)
- Hair loss reduced in an average of 96% of patients
- Seborrhoea and erythema improved in at least 89% of patients in each case
- Itching eliminated in 74% of women and 75% of men
CHRONIC TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM
A multicentric study (2) was undertaken investigating the effectiveness and tolerability of Thymuskin (serum and shampoo) in 184 women and 57 men with chronic telogen effluvium (chronic TE) over a period of six months.
SUMMARY: THYMUSKIN® effectiveness in patients with chronic telogen effluvium (2)
- Hair loss reduced in an average of 99% of patients
- Seborrhoea and erythema improved in at least 93% of women and 76% of men
- Itching eliminated in 80% of women and 51% of men
Good to excellent tolerability and cosmetic acceptance
As part of the multicentric study named above, tolerability and cosmetic acceptance were also evaluated in both patients with androgenetic alopecia and patients with chronic telogen effluvium.
- Tolerability was excellent in 50% of patients and good in 42%
- No side effects resulting in termination of treatment were identified
- Cosmetic acceptance was excellent in 45% of patients, good in 43%, satisfactory in 10% and poor in 2%
- In patients with androgenetic alopecia or chronic telogen effluvium, approx. 90% of patients rated tolerability and cosmetic acceptance as good or excellent
Two studies were performed at the Darmstadt Dermatology Clinic (3) (4) on a total of 36 patients. The first study at the Darmstadt Dermatology Clinic(3) investigated Thymuskin’s effectiveness in 16 patients with alopecia areata (AA) over a period of 12 months:
- 8 women (average age 42.3, average medical history duration 65.5 months)
- 8 men (average age 30.8, average medical history duration 34.5 months)
The patients exhibited either more than five hairless areas or were suffering from ophiasis-typealopecia. Half of the patients had previously undergone one or more pre-liminary treatments, which offered fleeting success in only two patients.
The patients used Thymuskin shampoo and scalp serum for a period of 12 months: hair shampoo daily for the first two weeks then three times a week, serum twice daily in the first two weeks then once a day in the morning. The success of the treatment was evaluated using subjective assessments by the doctor and patient as well as objective parameters (quantity of hairs falling out per day). The patients experienced a reduction in daily hair loss during the treatment, and the majority of patients experienced renewed hair growth.
SUMMARY: THYMUSKIN® effectiveness in patients with alopecia areata
- (1)Source: Dermatologists of Italy, Donne Dermathologhe Italia DDI, Published 2009 in Journal of Plastic Dermatology (issue 5, Nr. 3, September December 2009), Official Organ of the International-Italian Society of Plastic-Aesthetic Dermatology (ISPLAD).
- (2)Barbareschi M. et al.: Multizentrische Studie über die Wirksamkeit eines Serums und eines Shampoos zur lokalen Anwendung, die naturidentische Thymus-Peptide enthalten, zur Anwendung bei androgenetischem Haarausfall und chronisch teleogenem Effluvium bei Frauen und Männern. Veröffentlicht 2013 im Journal of Plastic Dermatolo-gy (Ausgabe 9, 2013 ISSN 2035-0686)
- (3)Mössler K.: Thymu-Skin: Neuer Therapieansatz bei der Behandlung der Alopecia androgenetica und der Alopecia areata. Der Deutsche Dermatologe 39, Heft 7 (1991)
- (4)Mössler K., Hagedorn M.: Lokaltherapie mit Thymusextrakt bei Alopecia areata totalis sive universalis. Sonderdruck aus »Der Deutsche Dermatologe« 11/1993, S. 1175-1182